Why contact AACP photographers?
This free service brings value to the profiles of children looking for adoptive families.
- Profiles see an average 129% increase in page views after being updated with professional-quality portraits by AACP.
- AACP portrait sessions highlight the personalities and interests of youths.
- Participating in an AACP photo shoot gives youth the opportunity to feel empowered in adoption recruitment and take a leading role in how they’re presented to families.
- Youth get to keep digital copies of their AACP photos that they can be proud of.
- AACP photographers are available to travel, and can work directly with placement providers or private agency staff to arrange sessions that work for all parties involved.
- New photos can be a great way to reinvigorate adoption recruitment efforts for a child who is ready and eager for permanency.
- Here’s feedback that NWAE has received from families after seeing AACP photos on the website:
- “Upon seeing their photos and reading the child’s profile, I immediately felt a connection with them.”
- “I just felt in love with this child after looking at his pictures!”
- “When I saw her profile and pictures I felt like I was supposed to inquire about adopting her.”
DSHS social workers and staff of private agencies who are engaged in contracted adoption recruitment services are eligible to refer a child to AACP.